- It’s That Time of Year Again!
- A Reminder About the Dangers of Employee Misclassification
- The General Counsel of the NLRB Opens the Door for Franchisors to be Liable for the Actions of their Franchisees
- For the Arizonans – Fantastic Local Organizations
- Labor and Employment State Bar Convention
- Yet Another Reason to Prohibit Texting While Driving
- The Department of Labor Proposes to Redefine “Spouse” in the FMLA
- What About the Volunteers?
- The OSHA Legal Update at the Employment Toolkit Seminar
- The Ninth Circuit Said What About Designating FMLA Leave?
- How nice- everyone in the line at @Starbucks bought the drink for the person behind them. Each smiled when they learned and #paiditforward 2 days ago
- RT @FOX10Phoenix: A valley gas station is giving the gift of $1.99 gas until January 1 @ANITAROMANFOX10 reports fox10phoenix.com/story/27627836… http… 5 days ago
- #SantaSelfie http://t.co/4WcxRogOF1 1 week ago
- Arizona Government Officials Appoint Two Snell & Wilmer Attorneys to High-Level Positions December 19, 2014
- Snell & Wilmer Attorney Jeremy Stewart Elected To House Of Hope Board of Trustees December 18, 2014
- Snell & Wilmer Elects Six New Partners December 17, 2014
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Andrew Jacobs Appointed to Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure Task Force December 15, 2014
- Snell & Wilmer Expands Las Vegas Office with the Addition of Three Associate Attorneys December 15, 2014
Author Archives: Ashley Kasarjian
It’s that time of year again! Yes, it’s the season to be thankful and there are many holidays on the horizon. And it is also the time where we are overflowing with gatherings and activities for all our organizations and groups. … Continue reading
The Ninth Circuit provided a clear reminder to companies to ensure that employees are not misclassified as independent contractors. In Alexander v. FedEx Ground, a group of full-time delivery drivers from FedEx challenged their status as independent contractors, asserting claims … Continue reading
The General Counsel of the NLRB Opens the Door for Franchisors to be Liable for the Actions of their Franchisees
By Ashley T. Kasarjian, Michael J. Coccaro and Gerard Morales In a directive that has rocked the franchise world, the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB” or the “Board”) Office of the General Counsel determined that McDonald’s USA, LLC, as the franchisor, … Continue reading
As readers of Employment and the Law know, I try to focus the blog posts on issues that impact Arizonans the most. After posting several years worth of employment law articles and best practices (where has time gone??), I wanted … Continue reading